CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Hulk vs. Old Hulk


I have yet to see "The Incredible Hulk." I cannot imagine how it can be equal to, worse than or even in the same stratosphere than Ang Lee's abomination "The Hulk," in 2003. Just based on the trailers, this movie is better, because I've seen 4 different awesome trailers for "The Incredible Hulk." That net's out to about 10 minutes of Hulk-smashing goodness and a funny one-liner from Ed Norton. Point and case. That's 5 more enjoyable minutes than the entire previous film.

Now onto the acting quality factor:

1.) Edward Norton or Eric Bana? Is this even a question?
2.) Liv Tyler or Jennifer Connelly? They're both gorgeous but Connelly is a better actress. However, we are talking about a film based around a giant green angry monster who's pants never seem to completely rip apart... so I'll stick with the woman that's already mastered the art of playing an Elvish creature.
3.) William Hurt or Nick Nolte? Again is this even a question? Nick Nolte most likely didn't even realize he was acting in a movie called "The Hulk." When acting against the giant green screen he probably thought he had just mixed his diet pills with a little too much Robitussin that morning.

I will see the movie eventually and if it sucks, I'm blaming it on the French director. Seriously Marvel studios, I'm not trying to be jingoistic but how about finding an American born comic-book fan to direct. Or am I missing something? Was the tv series a ginormous hit in Belgium? Was the Hulk actually a secret communist propaganda tool during the cold war? Hmmmm... I always knew their was something fishy about Bill Bixby.

0 comments: